38X02 Series Link Connector
The new 2-position 3M™ Link Connector, 38X02 Series, offers the advantages of insulation displacement contact (IDC) technology while providing a safe and reliable electrical connection. The Link Connector family now includes 2- and 4-position wiremount and boardmount products which can accommodate discrete or flat ribbon cable with conductor sizes between 18 and 22 AWG, and requires no more than a pair of pliers to make the termination.
- Hermaphroditic four-point contact mating structures reduces the number of different components required to interconnect and ensures a reliable interconnect
- Easy, labor saving and reliable IDC termination
- T-Tap termination enable mid-cable terminations without special preparation or handling of the cable or wires in order to interconnect fieldbus and power lines at any point
- Easy field termination with no special wire preparation – no stripping, tinning or special tooling
- Can terminate with a common pair of pliers
- Design accepts multiple wire diameters of 1.1 to 2.54 mm , conductor sizes of 18 to 22 AWG
- 5 Amp maximum current carrying capability per contact
- Latching mechanism maintains a reliable interconnection in demanding field applications
- Factory Automation
- LED Lighting
- Building Automation
- Conveying Systems
- Communication Networks using RS-485 protocol
2-Position Link Connector (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.