3M™ Active Optical Pluggable Transceiver for
The 3M Active Optical Pluggable Transceiver for QSFP+ Applications is a 4 x 10Gbps, pluggable module for short-range data communication interconnect applications. The module has four channels in each direction with 40 Gbps aggregate bandwidth.
Each channel operates up to 10.3125 Gbps, and up to 100 m using OM3 fiber. The electrical interface uses a 38-contact edge type connector, designed to SFF-8436. The optical interface uses a 12-fiber MPO connector.
Using industry leading VCSEL technology and an advanced light-engine design, the 3M Active Optical Pluggable Transceiver provides exceptional cost/performance value. The QSFP+ Pluggable Transceiver delivers 4 channels of bi-directional data at up to 10.3125 Gbps per channel for a total aggregate bandwidth of over 40 Gbps while using a subtle 750mW of power per end.
- All 4 channels operates up to 10.3125 Gbps
- Maximum distance 100 meters with OM3 fiber
- Enabled by 850nm VCSEL
- Operating case temperature 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C
- I2C communication bus
- Hot pluggable
- Supports InfiniBand QDR (4 x 10Gbps)
- Backward-compatible with DDR (4 x 5Gbps) and SDR (4 x 2.5Gbps) rates
- Supports 40G Ethernet 40GBASE-SR4 per IEEE 802.3ba-2010
- Datacom and Telecom switch or router backplane connection
- High-performance computer architecture
3M™ Active Optical Pluggable Transceiver for QSFP+ Applications (.pdf)