3M™ Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300
3M introduces the Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300. It is a 3:1 thin-wall, flexible tubing offering the advantages of integral, adhesive-lined construction. The tubing is made of flame-retardant, flexible polyolefin with an internal layer of special thermoplastic adhesive. The outer wall of the heat-shrinkable tubing is selectively cross-linked, while maintaining the high flow and excellent adhesion of the inner sealant liner.
When the 3M™ Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300 is heated in excess of 121°C (250°F), the tubing rapidly shrinks to a skintight fit, forcing the melted adhesive lining to flow and cover the substrate. The adhesive will form a flexible bond with a wide variety of rubbers, plastics and metals. Upon cooling, the adhesive will solidify, forming a permanent, non-drying, flexible and water resistant barrier.
Available in custom-length cut pieces with short lead team, the Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300 will help the reduce costs, save time and improve productivity. It is ideal for environmental protection of electrical components, wire splices, wire bundles and harness breakouts.
- Customized cut-length pieces prevent the need for cutting equipment, reducing the costly scrap and processing time.
- Short lead times reduce the time needed for order fulfillment.
- Popular size/length pieces are already in stock.
- 3:1 thin-wall, flexible tubing offering the advantages of integral, adhesive-lined construction.
- Heat-shrinkable outer wall is cross-linked while maintaining the high flow and adhesion of the inner seal.
- UL Recognized.
- Offers excellent environmental protection.
- Environmental protection for electrical components, wire splices, wire bundles and harness breakouts.
- Automotive, truck and marine wiring splices and harness breakouts are protected from harsh environments.
3M Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300 (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
3M Heat Shrink Tubing EPS-300 - data sheet