American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. celebrates 20 years of innovation and service to the electronics and lighting industries.
American Bright has introduced an industry leading actively-controlled AC LED that reduces systems cost while providing industry leading output and light quality.
Chino, California February 17th, 2015 – American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. today announced the celebration of their twentieth year serving the global electronics and lighting industries. American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. serves a global customer base of over 1000 manufacturers, in industries ranging from automotive and computer technology to advanced Aerospace and general lighting.
Founded in 1995 in Brea, California to support the LED indicator and LED display industries by LED Industry pioneer George Lee, American Bright and its parent company Bright LED group have grown to employ over 3,000 people worldwide. Having production facilities comprised of nearly a half-million square feet in Dongguan and sales, management and technical support facilities in Southern California, the company has grown and scaled to meet not only the technical needs of their diverse customer base, but also the customer service, warehousing and applications support required by todays sophisticated manufacturers.
Recognized as a global leader, as early as 1999, American Bright's Asian facilities have been awarded certification from ISO to meet all the leading edge standards including QS9000, TS16949 and the environmental standard ISO:140001 which assures that the company is a good global citizen and responsibly tends to the needs the environment by minimizing their footprint and environmental impact in all their production facilities.
"When we started out in 1995, there was no way to imagine how the industry would grow and develop over the next 20 years," George Lee, President of American Bright Optoelectronics Corp., noted. "Staying ahead of the technological advancements and driving innovation has been the cornerstone of American Bright's success," Lee added.
When asked what innovations he was most proud off, Lee replied, "The advancements we have made in direct AC technology are revolutionizing the lighting fixture industry. We have been awarded over 10 patents in countries all over the globe. [Australia, China, Korea, Taiwan and the United States of America] Seeing how fast and easy LED adoption can be for established lighting companies is very rewarding," he concluded.
Below is a timeline of American Bright Optoelectronics Corp. corporate history:
- 2015 - Introducing AC® Linear and AC SimpleDrive ® S series for general lighting applications
- 2014 - Completed 6000 hours LM84 lifetime test for AC SimpleDrive® C series
- 2013 - AC SimpleDrive ® C series was certified as UL recognized component; Introduced 230V modules for European market
- 2012 - Introduced AC SimpleDrive ® LED module with patented SimpleDrive® technology for direct 120VAC connection
- 2010 - Partnered with leading manufactures in aerospace and aviation industry
- 2009 - Partner with leading manufactures in home and office appliance industry
- 2008 - Introduced Argus™ AC and DC LED modules in COB package;
- 2007 - Expanded engineering service group to include thermal management, optical integration and driver design
- 2006 - Awarded ISO/TS 16949 quality management system certification
- 2005 - All products are RoHS ready; Expanded engineering service to include custom assembly services
- 2004 - Awarded ISO 14001 environmental management system certification
- 2003 - Company employed over 3,000 people worldwide
- 2002 - Relocated to Chino, CA with significantly increased office and warehouse areas
- 2000 - New Dongguan factory with 450,000 square-foot started production
- 1999 - Obtained quality system requirement certifications ISO 9001 and QS9000
- 1998 - Introduced LED products including SMT and PLCC
- 1997 - Factory was ISO 9002 certified
- 1996 - Introduced super blue LEDs
- 1995 - Company established in Brea, CA and supplying LED indicator lamp and LED display