High Power Card Edge (HPCE™)
FCI's High Power Card Edge (HPCE™) connector is a next generation power card edge connector for demanding applications requiring high linear current density and low power loss. HPCE™ offers a low profile height (2.8mm for straddle mount and 7.5mm for right angle) and is based on very cost effective and highly reliable stamped-and-formed power contact technology similar to other power solutions from FCI.
The HPCE™connector incorporates an innovative power contact and housing design that permits a more compact and lower profile package for demanding AC and DC power supply and/or add-in card applications. HPCE's low profile height (for maximized airflow), significantly increased linear current density and low contact resistance characteristics are ideal for next generation 1U/2U servers, storage enclosures, telecommunications equipment and datacom/networking equipment.
The HPCE™connector is available with power and signal contacts integrated into a single molded housing for power distribution and power control. Similar to other FCI power solutions, HPCE™ is modularly tooled making the product highly configurable in terms of the number and placement of the power and signal contacts for custom power needs.
|Vertical Solution 56 P + 12 S
|Right Angle Solution 56 P + 12 S
|Straddle Mount Solution 36 P + 24 S
Features & Benefits:
- Current rating to 9A/power contact beam (with multiple power contacts fully energized) without exceeding a 30°C temperature rise in still air
- Low 2.8mm for straddle mount and 7.5mm for right angle profile height maximizes airflow for effective system cooling
- One-piece assembly enables cost-effective power delivery for 1U and 2U power supplies or power distribution applications
- Highly vented housing design maximizes heat dissipation
- Vertical and right angle and straddle mount options are available with both power contacts for power distribution and signal contacts for power control
- Number and placement of power and signal contacts are highly configurable for custom power needs
- Polarized housing option ensures proper mating board orientation
- Plastic housing features and mounting ears are available for polarization to the host PCB as well as to secure the connector during the wave solder process
- Robust design includes touch-proof safety features that are UL/IEC 60950 compliant
- Solder or press-fit tails are available on the vertical option for termination flexibility
- Compatible with lead-free processing temperatures
- AC/DC pluggable power supplies in data, telecom & datacom/networking equipment
- Industrial PCs
- Industrial controls & instrumentation
HPCE Datasheet (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Customer Presentation (.pdf)