HelioLug Grounding Lug
Amphenol Industrial introduces the HelioLug, the first grounding lug that meets the solar industry’s specific UL 2703 certification. The new lug is used by solar integrators, installers and EPC firms for grounding solar modules in residential, commercial and utility solar projects.
Made from durable tin-plated copper that prevents galvanic corrosion and protects the copper from oxidizing, the HelioLug provides low contact resistance and high conductivity to make it the most reliable way to ground solar panels. Its open-face design allows simple, quick lay-in without breaking or cutting the conductor. An included star washer penetrates aluminum annodization of the module frame and racks, which is necessary for establishing grounding contact. The HelioLug can accommodate 4 -12 AWG bare copper wire.
- The only UL 2703 certified grounding lug available
- Meets all new NEC 2008 requirements
- Quick and easy installation
- For use with virtually all module frames and racks, (0.09 inches (2 mm) to 0.25’ (6.35 mm) thick)
- Capable of accepting 4-12 AWG solid copper conductors
- Code compliant "first make - last break" grounding system
- Compatible with all module grounding holes, (0.16" (4mm) to 0.295" (7.5mm))
- Certified reusable hardware for servicing without replacement
Amphenol HelioLug (.pdf) - for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.