Autosplice Expands Shield Clip Product Family
With New Compact, Micro and Micro-Miniature Versions
San Diego, CA. June 12, 2012, Autosplice has announced a major expansion of the company’s industry-leading Shield Clip product family through the introduction of three new Shield Clip configurations to support the ongoing evolution of smaller, densely packed product designs.
The new Compact, Micro and Micro-Miniature versions offer low-profile heights of less than 0.050 inches, along with reduced pad sizes to accommodate the small form-factor RF shields used in automotive electronics, digital cameras, video games, GPS devices, mobile handsets, set-top boxes, as well as many other consumer electronics, industrial and military applications.
These new offerings continue to deliver all of the significant advantages that are inherent to the Autosplice Shield Clip family, including:
- Eliminates EMI/RFI shield post soldering operations
- Compatible with standard high-speed placement equipment
- Permits easy shield removal and replacement
- Saves valuable PCB real estate
- Utilizes standard vacuum nozzle pick up
- Independent quad finger-spring contacts
- STD EIA 481 tape and reel packaging
- Lead free RoHS compliant base material and plating
Shield Clips can be placed anywhere on the PCB, thereby maximizing design flexibility while conserving PCB real estate. The four independent spring contacts on each clip enable RF shields to be reliably inserted into the completed PCB assembly without the need for secondary soldering processes. The proprietary clip design also allows shield removal and replacement multiple times as needed for easy rework and/or circuit tuning.
With the addition of these three new designs, the full range of Shield Clip configurations currently available from Autosplice, include:
- Maxi Shield Clip: Height = .195” Supports shield thickness of .019”
- Midi Shield Clip: Height = .134” to .142” Supports shield thickness of .014”
- Mini Shield Clip: Height = .080” Supports shield thickness of .007”
- Compact Shield Clip: Height = .050” Supports shield thickness of .006”
- Micro Shield Clip: Height = .047” Supports shield thickness of .006”
- Micro-Miniature Shield Clip: Height = .031” Supports shield thickness of .006”
All products in the Shield Clip family are available in stock through Autosplice’s ongoing relationship with the leading interconnect’s distributor, Heilind Electronics.