Optical Isolator Electronic Module
This is a versatile interface between an incremental encoder and receiving electronics. It accepts single ended or differential inputs and provides single ended or differential outputs in either an open collector or line driver configuration. It accommodates all standard operating voltages from 5 to 28 VDC. Up to eight Optical Isolator Modules can be daisy-chained to provide multiple, simultaneous outputs to controllers or PLC’s. This Optical Isolator can help clean up noisy signals by converting to a different line driver output. It has a 1 MHz throughput capability and can be used wherever a fast, optically isolated interface is required.
- The optical isolator can accommodate standard operating voltages from 5 to 28 VDC
- The module draws approximately 75 mA and a green LED indicates the unit is powered
- Specifying an optical isolator module requires knowledge of three system parameters:
- DC supply voltage available in the system
- Encoder output type
- Input signal specifications of the receiving electronics
- Package dimensions are 114.4 mm high by 99 mm wide by 22.5 mm thick
BEI Sensors Optical Isolator Electronic Module for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
BEI Sensors Optical Isolator Electronic Module Specifications(.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.