AirMax VSe® 25GB/S Backplane Connector System
Next-generation AirMax VSe® connectors provide a migration path for up to 25Gb/s per differential pair with the flexibility of an open pin field design. The connectors also feature backwards mating-compatible interfaces to existing AirMax VS® connectors with minimal changes to connector footprints.
The connectors combine FCI technologies for a shieldless design with no metallic plates and closely edge-coupled differential pairs with innovative design improvements to yield low loss and low crosstalk.
Right angle receptacles and right angle headers will support backplane, midplane or coplanar applications.
The mating-compatible interfaces and capability to preserve critical pin assignments can provide opportunities for cost savings as new or upgraded equipment is deployed. For example, a backplane or chassis can be designed to allow the installation and continued use of legacy daughter cards, line cards or blades that are already in the field as well as new or future higher-speed module cards.
- Optical Transmission
- Wireless Base Stations
- Industrial & Instrumentation
- Test & Measurement
Features and Benefits:
- Provides a migration path for up to 25Gb/s per differential pair - Enables users to upgrade systems for higher performance in the same form factor
- Shieldless design with closely coupled pairs - Cost-effective solution yields low XT and Insertion Loss
- Backward mateable to existing AirMax VS® and AirMax VS2® designs - Fall in upgrade to previous generation systems
- 3, 4 and 5 pair backplane and coplanar versions are available - Same product covers a wide range of customer applications
- Hard metric design practice - Can mix-and-match with other metric power and guidance components to create a system precisely
AirMax VSe (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.