February 21, 2008
IMMEDIATE RELEASE, FC619
FCI Announces Minitek(TM) 2mm Modular Connector System
ETTERS, PA. (February 21, 2008) -- FCI, one of the leading suppliers of connectors and interconnect systems is well known for its modular connector systems, among other things. With the recently announced product line additions of the eject latch header, the active latch cable housing and several other key changes, the Minitek(TM) product family is now the most complete 2mm modular system on the market. Designers now have an extensive solution for all types of board-to-board, wire-to-board and cable-to-board interconnections on this pitch size.
One particular advantage of Minitek(TM) over other systems of this type is its intermateability. The new active latch cable housing, for example, is unique in that it is not part of a separate system, but mates with the standard headers.
Other aspects were also given specific attention in order to meet the most demanding current requirements of the industry.
- The eject latch header is the lowest profile design available
- Normal operating temperature is 125 degrees C
- co-planarity of SMT parts is just 0.1mm
- Pin-in-Paste versions exist and have full application support
- carefully controlled selective plating reduces cost while maintaining performance
Minitek(TM) is part of the Basics+ program, which offers outstanding service on standard connectors.