Hirose FX11 Series – Low Profile Connectors
High Speed Board-to-Board Applications
Hirose’s FX11 series of board-to-board connectors combine sophisticated design and high density into one package. 0.5mm pitch, multiple height and pin-count variations, 10:1 signal/ground arrangement makes for an outstanding interconnect solution for miniature electronic equipment.
The FX10/ FX11 series has been introduced to meet the demand for connectors that are suitable for high speed applications.
The innovative design allows for superior transmission characteristics by fixing the ground plate to both sides of the header and receptacle. The series has the capacity to accept 10 Gbps transmission speed making them suitable for SATA, USB 2.0 and PCI express applications.
FX10/FX11 features surface mount headers and sockets in a fine pitch of only 0.5mm allowing for maximum space saving on the board. Parallel stacking heights are available from 2mm to 5mm. A wide variety of contact sizes start from 60 to 168 positions.
To aid the retention of the connector to the board, metal fittings are provided to protect against solder peeling and mechanical stress. Long mating wiping distances are provided to ensure effective electrical continuity. Signal and ground contacts are arranged in a ratio of 10:1 with the ground plate surface mounted to the board to reduce noise levels. To prevent solder wicking a solder gap has been designed into the contact portion.
The FX10 offers 4mm & 5mm stack height and the FX11 offers 2mm, 2.5mm & 3mm. These are suitable for a wide range of miniature electronic equipment needing high speed capability.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Low profile design saves critical space inside the device. Mated heights are available in 2mm, 2.5mm and 3mm styles.
- 0.5mm pitch is well suited to high density applications and utilizes less board area for mounting.
- Pin counts are available in: 60, 68, 80, 92, 100, 116, 120, 140. (However, not all pin counts are available in all styles)
- 10:1 Signal-to-ground ratio reduces noise within the connector. Connectors without ground plate are also available.
- Solder gap feature on the contacts prevents solder wicking.
- Metal fittings for added PCB retention helps protect against peeling.
- RoHS compliant.
Notebook computers, PDA’s and other portable devices that need a high density and high reliability board-to-board connector.
Hirose - FX11 Series Brochure (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.