FX20 Series 0.5mm Pitch Floating Stacking Connectors
Hirose FX20 Series are Floating Stacking Connectors that are highlighted by their 0.5mm pitch and double beam contacts. The FX20 Series features a double beam structure that provides a minimum of +/- 0.6mm float in the XY directions, a self-cleaning function, vibration resistance, +/- 1.2mm self-alignment for easier mating and a current capacity of 0.5 Amp / pin. The contacts for both header and receptacle are enclosed in a non-flowable housing for dust protection. The FX20 Series offers 4 stacking heights in 15, 20, 25 and 30mm PCB distance.
Large mating guides on each side of the connector allow for an alignment movement of +/- 1.2mm in XY directions to simplify the mating operation and prevent incorrect insertion.
The receptacle features highly reliable double beam contacts. Each contact beam has a different vibration characteristic due to different contact forces that widens the frequency range to avoid resonance. This allows high vibration resistance and increased contact reliability. Furthermore the first beam contact has a self-cleaning function which eliminates dust from the contact path of the second beam contact.
Despite the fine pitch of 0.5mm, each contact has the current handling capacity of 0.5A. The contact area is protected from solder wicking and penetration of flux due to the clearance between the contact and housing to prevent capillary action. The PCB layout design allows PCB patterning underneath the connector for design flexibility.
HIROSE's popular FX18 high speed, board to board connector series shares the same stack height variants as FX20, therefore both can be combined on the same PCB to offer a high speed and high current capability.
Ideal applications are industrial equipment, broadcast equipment, smart meters, medical devices, BTS, measuring instruments and projectors.
- 0.5 mm pitch
- Connection type: Right angle / Vertical
- Pin counts : 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 and 140
- Floating range: ± 0.6 to 0.8 mm in the X direction and ± 0.6 mm in the Y direction
- A double beam contact structure produces a highly reliable contact (Refer to the figure on the right)
- Current capacity: 0.5 A per pin
- Effective mating length of 1.5 mm - This connector utilizes a 1.5 mm effective mating length for signal contacts and provides a sufficient margin for its mating stroke.
- No conductive trace surface is not specified
- Contains the vacuum pick up area needed to allow automatic mounting
- Self-aligning and self-guiding structure
- Built-in guide posts enable self-alignment and ensure a secure connection
FX20 Series (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering