U.FL Series - Ultra Small Mount Coaxial Connectors
The Hirose U.FL series is an ultra-small surface-mount coaxial connector that is widely accepted as a standard in the industry. It features a nominal mated height of 2.5 mm max and has a small mounting area of 3.0 mm by 3.1 mm. To meet the frequency requirements of a wide variety of miniature devices, the connectors offer high-frequency performance from DC to 6 GHz. The characteristic impedance is 50 ohms. Packaged on tape-and-reel, the receptacles can be placed with vacuum nozzles of the automatic-placement equipment. Plugs are terminated with ultra-fine coaxial cable. Use of available extraction tools assures correct disconnection of the plug and receptacle. There is a tactile click sensation that confirms the fully-mated condition. A wide variety of conversion adapters are available for this series.
- Nominal mated height of 1.9 or 2.4mm (Max. 2.0 or 2.5mm)
- Small mounting area - The receptacle occupies an area of 7.7mm².
- Light weight - Receptacle: 15.7mg
- Accepts high frequency transmission - To meet the frequency requirements of a wide variety of miniature devices, the connectors offer high frequency performance from DC to 6GHz, with a V.S.W.R. of 1.3 to 1.5 max.
- Automatic board placement - Packaged on tape-and-reel the receptacles can be placed with vacuum nozzles of the automatic placement equipment.
- Plugs are terminated with ultra-fine coaxial (fluorinated resin insulated) cable - Standard ultra-fine coaxial cable of 0.81mm diameter (single braid shielding) is used for the plug termination, assuring secure and stable connections.
- Simple connector mating / unmating - Use of available extraction tool assures correct disconnection of the plug and receptacle.
- Verification of the fully mated condition - Tactile click sensation confirms fully mated condition, assuring complete electrical and mechanical connection.
Hirose U.FL Series
- Cell phones
- Smart phones
- Wireless communication devices
- Electronic measuring instruments
- Wireless LAN
- Applications requiring high frequency transmission using small coaxial connectors
Hirose - U.FL Series Brochure (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.