FH40 Series FPC/FFC Vertical Mount Connectors
The Hirose Electric FH40 0.5mm Pitch FPC Vertical Connectors with a strong actuator construction and simple FPC insertion result in a 30% reduction in connection man-hours over conventional FPC connectors in earlier series. Designed to provide a reliable mechanical and electrical connection with the FPC even in rough operating environments, the FH40 Series 0.5mm connectors feature Hirose ’s innovative actuator form enabling the completion of both FPC insertion~ joint in the same motion, side catcher to ensure accurate FPC insertion, proven “flip-lock” rotating actuator design with tactile confirmation lock to assure a secure connection, and an unique terminal form to retain the actuator. In addition, these connectors are compatible with the standard 0.3mm thick FPC and have a 5.8mm above the board height.
Hirose's FH40 series is designed with durability, versatility and stability in mind. Ease of use and a smooth locking operation complement the highly reliable LIF structure. The FH40 features side catchers that hold the FPC/FFC in place and improve retention. The FPC/FFC used with FH40 is compatible with the horizontal type FH28. The FH40 boasts the same board-mounting pattern as the FH12 series and allows designers greater flexibility. The available number of positions ranges from 10 to 64. Typical applications include car navigation systems, car audio, notebook PCs, DVD players, DVD recorders, LCDs, LCD TVs, plasma displays, digital TVs, photocopiers, and peripheral equipment.
- Reduction in connection man-hours (a 30% reduction compared to Hirose's earlier series)
- Unique actuator form enables the completion of both FPC insertion ~ joint in the same motion
- Side catcher for FPC positioning ensures accurate FPC insertion
- Unique terminal form retains the actuator, even under rough operatiing conditions
- Proven Flip-Lock rotating actuator assures reliable mechanical and electrical connection with FPC, confirming it with a definite tactile feel
- Accepts standard 0.3mm FPC thickness
- Flat upper surface and tape and reel packaging facilitate vacuum pick-up and placement
- Halogen-free as defined by IEC61249-2-21
- RoHS compliant
Hirose F40 Series
- Car navigation
- Car audio
- Notebook PCs
- DVD players / DVD Recorders
- LCD TV
- Digital TV
- Peripheral equipment
Hirose - FH40 Series Brochure (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.