Interface Connectors for Miniature, Portable Terminal Devices
Developed as external input/output connectors for the portable and mobile devices used in consumer markets.
As such, the connectors incorporate features required to assure reliable electrical and mechanical performance under extreme and unpredictable conditions.
- Strong locking mechanism - To assure continuous reliability of the connection in an unpredictable consumer environment, mated connectors will withstand pull force of 49N max. applied in any direction.
- Prevention against reversed or angle insertion - Multiple polarization keys will not allow incorrect insertion
of the mating plug. In addition, contacts will not be damaged when the user attempts to insert only the corner of the mating plug.
- Small size and low profile - Contact pitch of 0.5 mm and utilization of state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies has produced receptacle height of 3 mm above the board and maximum thickness of the plug of only 7 mm.
- EMI protection - Built-in ground continuity features and EMI shielding assure interference free performance.
- Wide variety of contact positions and mounting styles - Standard, reverse, vertical and cradle mountings, as well as utilization of variety of cables and conductors assure
application of this connector in diversified applications.
|Hirose ST Series - Receptacles
|Hirose ST Series - Plugs
|Hirose ST Series - Plug Cradle Type
- Digital Still Cameras
- Personal Digital Assistance
- Notebook computers
- Cellular phones
- Portable readers
- Mobile recorders and any mobile or portable device requiring high reliability small size input/output
Hirose - ST Series Brochure - (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.