Hirose DM3 Series – Connectors for microSD Cards
Hirose offers three different connectors for applications needing microSD cards.
DM3AT/DM3BT – "Push-Push" style of card ejection.
DM3C - Hinge style card connector with no ejection mechanism.
DM3D - "Push-Pull" card removal style
Common to the entire Series
- Extremely small size - Small external dimensions and the above-the-board height make the connectors the smallest on the market.
- Reverse card insertion protection - Unique card slot design (patented) protects the connector from damage when the card is attempted to be inserted in reverse, allowing it to re-inserted correctly.
- Effective ground and shield configuration - 4-connection points of the metal cover to the printed circuit board assures secure connection of the ground circuit and provides EMI protection.
- Rigid and strong construction - Despite its small size, high-strengths materials used in the connectors produced a strong and rigid structure.
- Card detection switch - The card detection switch is Normally Open
DM3AT and DM3BT (Push - Push, with ejection mechanism)
- Card fall-out prevention - Built-in card tray and the unique push insertion-push ejection mechanism (patented) prevent accidental card ejection or fall- out. Despite its small size the connectors will eject the card to a distance of 4.0 mm, allowing easy hold and removal of the card.
- Exposed termination leads - Easy inspection and rework of the solder termination joints.
DM3CS (Hinge, Push-Pull, manual, without ejection mechanism)
- Simple and reliable card insertion - Hinged metal cover provides location and guides the card during the insertion / removal. Closing of the cover confirms the electrical and mechanical connection with a tactile click sensation.
- Reliable contact with the card contact pads - Unique contact design and card slide action will clean the contact areas of the card.
- Accessible termination areas - Contact solder terminations may be inspected and reworked
DM3D (Push -Pull, manual, without ejection mechanism)
- Partial card insertion hold - Card will not fall-out even when it is not fully inserted. Full insertion and electrical / mechanical connection is confirmed with a distinct tactile feel.
- Accessible termination areas - An inner lead system that can be reworked is used in this design. Contact solder terminations may be inspected and reworked.
Hirose DM3 Series
Typical applications: Mobile/cell phones, digital cameras, PDA's and other portable devices that need a small size-high reliability microSD/TransFlash memory card connector.