FunctionMAX™ Board-to-Board Connector Series
Hirose introduces the FunctionMAX™ Board-to-Board connecter series. This connector family is comprised of both floating structure and high-speed connectors. The series possess unique features in addition to floating functions and high-speed transmission to meet requirements of various industrial applications.
The floating connections correct alignment issues due to assembly errors. The floating structure offers a degree of “play” between the contacts during mating and allows the connector to absorb the alignment errors if they exist. Hirose’s connectors meet high-speed communication need with the reliable performance and structure. They are ideal for industries including tele-communications, automotive, factory automation and medical devices. FunctionMAX is designed based on a different transmission system and offers excellent noise resistance and high-speed signals.
The FunctionMAX family consists of Hirose’s top industrial connector series for advanced devices and systems.
The FX20 Series has a 0.5 mm Pitch. It is the first floating connector series developed. With the high contact reliability structure of independent dual-contact designs, the FX20 Series can withstand the severe conditions required by industrial applications as well as in-vehicle units.
- 0.5 mm Pitch.
- Connector provides for a mis-alignment of ± 0.6 mm in both X and Z directions.
- Self-cleaning function and vibration resistance with a double beam contact.
- Available from 20 to 140 positions.
- ± 1.2 mm self-alignment structure for easy mating.
- Contacts of both header and receptacle are enclosed in the housing for dust protection.
The FX22 Series has a 0.5 mm Pitch. It was developed as a coplanar version of the FX20 Series and it also enables co-planar connections with multiple FX20 connectors. This series incorporates a highly reliable two-point contact structure while the ultra low-profile design contributes to the reduced size of the finished product sets.
- Connector provides for a mis-alignment of ± 0.6 mm in both X and Z directions in the 0.5 mm Pitch.
- Double beam contact structure provides self-cleaning, which ensures high-contact reliability.
- The FX22 Series features a high current capacity of 0.7A/pin.
- The signal contacts have effective contact lengths of 2.0 mm and 1.5 mm, which provide sufficient margin on the mating stroke.
- The low compact design allows the connector to fit well into areas as small as 5 mm spacing.
- Guide posts enable self-alignment and ensure a secure connection.
This series has a 3.81 mm Pitch/7.62 mm Pitch and is developed for power sources. It features a special misalignment absorbing structure similar to that of a floating connector. The FX30B Series is compliant with all safety standards (UL/C-UL and TUV).
- Contact Pitch of 3.81 mm.
- Current Capacity of 13-17A/pin.
- Coplanar / Vertical / Parallel connection type.
- Has 2, 3, 4 or 5 positions.
- The effective mating length is 2 mm long.
- Superior contact reliability by employing an independent four-point contact spring structure.
- Offers a low insertion/extraction force by using a two-step contact timing sequence.
- UL, C-UL and TUV certified.
The FX23/23L Series has a 0.5 mm Pitch. This series achieves a floating function and high-speed transmission in one connector. It also saves space by incorporating a power hybrid structure. Connectors are also suitable for use with conformal coating applied after soldering.
- Power/Signal Hybrid Floating Board-to-Board Connector.
- 0.5 mm Contact Pitch.
- Excellent mating alignment with large guide posts.
- High-speed transmission up to 6 Gbps.
- Pin counts of 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 and 120.
- Straight, Right angle connection orientation.
The FX18 Series had a 0.8 mm Pitch. This series is a core product developed for the FunctionMAX family. It's broad range of product options makes it user-friendly and it's power terminals can also be used for sequence and grounding applications and act as multi-function terminals.
- 0.8 mm Contact Pitch.
- 40, 60, 80, 100, 120 or 140 positions.
- Ground contact to enhance grounding.
- Power supply contacts up to 12A to reduce required pin counts.
- 3-step sequential contacts for grounding and detection.
- Pin through hole mounting MF contacts increase strength against wrenching.
- Effective mating length of a 2.0 mm signal contact.
The FX8/8C Series has a 0.6 mm Pitch. It is a long-standing connector series that is respected in the market. This connector features a wide range of product variations with different stack heights and pin counts. The compact structure allows for easy mounting and excellent high-speed transmission.
- 0.6 mm Contact Pitch.
- Stacked height of mated connectors can range from 3 mm to 16 mm.
- 3.125 Gbps high speed transmission support.
- Highly reliable contact with optimized spring deflection design
- 40, 60, 80, 90, 100, 120 or 140 positions.
- Built-in guide ribs allow for a ± 0.6 mm of mis-alignment and ensures easy mating.
The FX10 Series has a 0.5 mm Pitch. This connector series focuses on high-speed transmissions and has a number of product variations with different stack heights and pin counts. The FX10 Series has enjoyed strong market support. The three-piece design allows for a floating structure.
- 0.5 mm Contact Pitch.
- 80-140 contacts with a ground plate, 96-168 contacts without a ground plate and 120-168 contacts with a 3-piece interposer.
- Improved transmission efficiency between boards.
- A 10:1 signal to ground arrangement.
- The 0.5 mm signal contact pitch provides a smaller overall connector.
- Medical Devices
- Office Imaging Equipment
- Measurement Equipment
- Industrial Computer Systems
- Automotive Navigation
- Audio Systems
- Broadcast Equipment
- Industrial Machinery
Hirose FunctionMAX Board-to-Board Connector Series. (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering.
FX20 Series (.pdf)
FX22 Series (.pdf)
FX30 Series (.pdf)
FX23 Series (.pdf)
FX18 Series (.pdf)
FX8 Series (.pdf)
FX10 Series (.pdf)