JAE has developed the stacking type board-to-board connector WP10 Series which has smallest-in-class size of 2.2mm width and 0.7mm stacking height for a high-current compatible connector.
For high-current connection areas like battery connections in compact hand-held devices such as smartphones, wearable devices, and tablet PCs, there is a demand for more connectors having high current capacity for faster charging.
There is also a growing demand for internal connectors to be smaller and slimmer to match the slimming and minimization of the end devices, but to also have high reliability against drop and impact shock, which is usually difficult to achieve at the same time.
The WP10 Series allows for power distribution of 10A which is the largest rated current for smartphones. The hold downs prevents damage to insulator during mating, and realizes high-reliability and high extraction force with the integrated lock structure.
Furthermore, the WP10 Series is both drop impact and vibration resistant using a 2-point contact structure with proven results for the power and signal terminals. It also improves workability for customers by providing a click feeling when mated.
- 2 rows, 0.7mm stacking height, 2.2mm width
- Power terminals compatible with 10A. (5.0A/pin x 4 pin.)
- 2-point contact design structure for both power and signal terminals to resist twisting stress and enhance retention strength.
- Durable hold-down structure which has a lock area that enhances retention force, and adds protection to the mating surface to prevent damage to the plastic insulator. (Armored)
- Improved workability for customers with a clear click feeling.
- Contact structure ensures high wear-resistance and high conduct reliability.
- Pb-free. (Nickel barrier in contact finish prevents solder migration.).
- Wearable devices
- Tablet and laptop PCs
- Digital still cameras
- Digital video cameras
- Wireless speakers
WP10 Series (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.