0.4mm pitch, stacking type board-to-board(FPC)
connector WP3 series
The WP3 series is a low-profile board-to-board(FPC) connector with 0.4mm pitch spacing that is ideal for high-density mounting in slim information communication devices like mobile phones, smartphones, and notebook PCs.
For information communication devices like mobile phones and smartphones, the number of components used is increasing while the devices themselves continue to get slimmer and smaller in size. For this reason, there is a demand for the connectors used inside to be smaller and slimmer to reduce mounting space and also to have high reliability against drop impact and shock. These are requirements which are difficult to achieve at the same time.
To meet this need JAE has developed the WP3 Series, the industry's smallest-in-class size 0.4mm pitch stacking type board-to-board connector. The "WP3 Series" is drop impact resistant and vibration resistant, and it also improves workability for customers by featuring a 2-point contact structure which signals with a click felt at the worker's finger tips when mating is complete.
Applicable Markets: Slim information communication devices like mobile phones, smartphones, and notebook PCs.
WP3 Series - Plug
WP3 Series - Receptacle
- 16 to 80 pos., 0.4mm pitch, 2rows, 1.0mm stacking height.
- Independent 2-point contact design to resist twisting stress.
- Contact structure ensures high wear-resistance and high contact reliability.
- Secure hold-downs prevent insulator breakage and peeling from FPC (receptacle side).
- Nickel barrier on contact of both plug and receptacle prevents solder wicking.
- Inspection jig connector for both plug and receptacle are available. (Note 1)
- Number of Contacts: 16, 20, 22, 24, 30, 36, 40, 42, 50, 64, 70, 80
- Pitch: 0.4mm, 2 rows
- Operating Temperature: -45°C to +85°C
- Contact Resistance: 70m ohms max. (initial)
- Life Time: 50 mating cycles
- Rated Current: AC, DC each 0.4A per terminal
- Insulation Resistance: AC, DC 50V
- Rated Voltage: 100M ohms min. (initial)
- Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: AC250Vr.m.s per minute
- Total Insertion Force: 1.5N x n max. (n: No. of pos.)
- Total Extraction Force: 0.2N x n min. (n: No. of pos.)
WP3 Series (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.