An Uncompromising Commitment to Innovation and Excellence.
LEMO’s line of connectors are precision engineered to ensure durable, reliable performance in critical medical environments. The standard for the EP catheter industry, LEMO connectors are lightweight, sterilizable, and include machined gold plated contacts for superior electrical performance. With over 50,000 connectors available, when you need precision, choose LEMO..
Choosing the right series is dependant on your application need. Each series includes a wide variety of plug, receptacle, coupler and bridge plug models, available in contract configurations adapted to all round cables, including up to 106 conductors, and a maximum diameter of 30mm. The following metal and plastic series connectors are applicable to the medical industry:
(see examples of equipment that LEMO connectors are designed into for the selected application)
Catalogs: Learn more about which product is right for you:
LEMO Metal Connectors
R Series Plastic Connectors
The R series is a rectangular connector with high pin density in a flat profile. It uses LEMO’s well proven Push-Pull
latching system for a smooth, hassle free connection. The ergonomic and flat profile offers high panel density, in a wide
choice of colors for excellent visual aesthetics.
The R series is made of lightweight polyester resin Crastin® PBT from DupontTM. The high flexibility of its design enables
various contact configuration, such as multipole, coaxial, high voltage and fluidic.
The R series, is initially designed to interconnect systems in medical application where aesthetics and safety is required.
This connector series can also be used for test & measurement, aerospace and automotive testing, where an extensive
number of contacts are needed in a limited space.
R Series Features
- plastic shell for lightweight yet rugged structure
- push-pull latching enable fast and secure connections
- crimp or printed circuit contacts
- choice of 4 colors for aesthetics and quick identification
- high pin density for improved panel space
- 3 sizes and various models for design choices
- standard or hybrid pin configurations for flexibility
- thin footprint for reduced rack space and high density panel
REDEL Plastic Connectors
LEMO® offers a line of disposable connectors – the REDEL Disposable Connector Series. These specialized connectors are ideally designed to ensure quality performance in medical applications, yet are economical enough to justify single-use. This new design is backwards compatible with LEMO’s existing REDEL 1P – guaranteed.
- Ideal for use in a wide range of medical applications, they are EtO, and gamma radiation sterilizable.
- New simplified latching mechanism and stamped contacts deliver an innovative cost-effective solution.
- Contacts are first soldered and then snapped in, allowing for easier termination and no need for cleaners.
- Removable snap-on backshell allows for quick correction of assembly errors, and is 100% scoop proof.
- Available in 4 different keyways.
- Sealed in volume blister packs, so parts stay clean and fresh.
Below are just a few examples of equipment that LEMO connectors are designed into for the selected application:
|Analyzers, Processing Equipment, UL61010A
||K and E (Wet),B and S (Dry)
||Reliable connections for gathering data. Sealed for wet applications. Flexibility on glands and seals for demanding environments. Stainless steel for best longevity and hot sterilization.
||REDEL® P, B, K (hybrid)
||Mixed configuration inserts, fluidic/pneumatic contact option, fiber optic (illumination - no hot light bulb in patient's body).
|Disposable Devices (sensors, catheters)
||REDEL® P, B and S (plastic w/metal shielding), S (w/PEEK, POM, PSU or PPSU)
||Reliable in a sensitive environment, plastic materials familiar to the medical industry.
||B, S, K, E (with coax contact, fluidic, dual fiber)
||Mixed signal inserts, good RFI/EMI shield performance
|Pacemakers and Hearing Devices
||Small, lightweight, reliable connectors for external modules or battery packs