Molex CP 6.5 Wire-to-Board Connectors
Molex introduces the "New" CP-6.5 Wire-to-Board Connector Series.
Molex's CP-6.5 Wire-to-Board Connector Series offers a fool-proof interconnect systems that provide quick, easy identification of mated pairs in their wire-to-board applications. Molex's 6.50mm wire-to-board receptacles and PCB headers have color-coded housings to differentiate mating possibilities. Connectors with mismatched colors do not mate. Unique keying features within each header and receptacle housing prevent entry of receptacle into header when mis-mated.
Features and benefits include:
- Wide spectrum of housing colors that allows quick identification of mating combination for assembly and repair
- Polarization keys on housing rub, which eliminate mis-mating and consequent electrical shorting of application
- Positive lock feature on housing that produces an audible click when fully mated
- Kinked soldertails that provide added header-to-PCD retention during solder reflow
- Absence of drain-holes in PCD headers, which ensure compatibility with conformal coating
- Headers are 260° C wave-solder-process capable that is ideal for high-temperature assembly processing