Molex SL™ Modular Connectors
Leading the consumer electronics and automotive industries with the largest number of variations and cabling configurations, SL™ Modular Connectors and Assemblies are ideal for low-power and signal wire-to-board and wire-to-wire applications.
The comprehensive SL™ (Stackable Linear) Modular Connector System includes: press-fit compliant-pin, low-profile, latching vertical and right-angle headers; five stackable, low-profile housings for male or female crimp terminals; pre-assembled, single-piece pin and receptacle connector assemblies for IDT termination of discrete wire or ribbon cable and piercing crimp termination of FFC/FPC; single- and dual-row latching interim clips for stacking of subassemblies to form larger connectors; and panel mounts for modular wire-to-wire remote interconnections. SL products are capable of mating with select C-Grid ® and KK® products. This product family is suitable for low-power signal applications such as computers, medical instruments, and automotive controls.
Features and benefits include:
- Terminal Position Assurance (TPA) lock reduces the risk of terminal back-out in high-vibration environments
- Connector Position Assurance (CPA) lock ensures wire-to-wire and wire-to-board mating interface will not disengage in high-vibration environments
- Tape-and-reel packaging available with optional pick-and-place vacuum caps allows for use of more highly automated termination processes
- Positive-lock mating interface ensures secure retention with receptacles in high-vibration environments
- Low-profile, stackable housing, vertical and right-angle headers provide design flexibility with or without panel mounting