Molex Cellular 6-band Standalone Antenna
Molex's compact, lightweight Cellular 6-band Standalone Antennas with limited ground-plane restrictions simplify integration in industrial, medical and other wireless devices
Providing excellent communication and range coverage in cellular bands including GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS band-1 and LTE band-7, Molex's Cellular - band Standalone Antenna is ideal for use in smart meters, medical devices, industrial and other wireless applications.
Featuring a small 106.6 by 13.0mm footprint, this lightweight antenna with its compact design offers more space savings than any similar antenna operating over the same frequency bands in the industry. The antenna's balanced feed-structure facilitates low ground-plane dependence; and enables easy integration into wireless devices with minimal PCB-size limitations and without influence from land-ground-induced currents. This feature helps free up costly investments in engineering resources and expertise required for frequency tuning and (multiple) band optimization.
Molex's unique Cellular 6-band antenna design provides reflection coefficient values better than -7dB over these bands. Combined with radiation efficiencies of 80% at the low band (GSM850, GSM900) and 70% at the high band (GSM1800, GSM1900 and LTE band-7), the antenna offers unmatched price-performance features.
Molex's 105263 series of standalone antennas are very easy to use. Simply peel off the poly-flexible adhesive tape on the underside of antenna and apply the latter on any desired location within the device casing. Then mount the *UFL-type coaxial connector (located at the end of the micro-coaxial cable) to the device radio and the antenna is ready to use
For optimum design flexibility, the micro-coaxial cables come in lengths of 100, 150 and 200mm. These thin, flexible cables are designed for small areas to optimize board space. With a pull-force of at least 18N, they provide robust connectivity for its SMT-mounted terminal coaxial connector.
Cellular 6-band Antenna
Features and Benefits:
- Total average efficiency of 80% at the low band (GSM850, GSM900) and 70% at the high band (GSM1800, GSM1900 and LTE band-7) enables excellent communication range and coverage
- Balanced design minimizing ground-plane effects significantly cuts costs and engineering resources needed for additional circuitry, frequency tuning and electronic component integration
- Poly-flexible double-sided adhesive tape for easy peel-and-stick mounting anywhere within the device casing
- Robust coaxial cable to flexi-antenna with a pull-force of over 18N ensures maximum antenna reliability
- Choice of 100,150 and 200mm micro-coaxial cable lengths for extended flexibility in positioning the antenna anywhere near the radio device
Cellular 6-band Standalone Antenna (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.