ISM Standalone Antenna with MobliquA™ Technology
Molex's 868 and 915 MHz ISM Standalone Antenna with leading-edge MobliquA™ technology combines high performance with limited ground-plane restrictions for significant cost savings and easy integration into wireless devices.
Designed for compact industrial and other wireless applications operating the license-free 868 and 915MHz frequencies, Molex's 868, 915 MHz ISM Standalone Antennas give smart meter, medical device and automotive makers a run for their investments.
Featuring Molex's patented MobliquA™ bandwidth-enhancing technology, the antenna's indirect radiator-feed design enables dual-band ISM operation with reduced antenna volume of 75% compared with conventional dipole-type antennas. The small 79.0 by 10.0mm footprint of the antenna offers greater space savings than any equivalent standalone antenna in the industry over the same frequency bands.
An important feature of this antenna is its balanced feed structure. It facilitates low ground-plane dependence that enables easy integration of the antenna with minimal concerns of PCB-size limitations and without land-ground induced currents. It also frees up additional costs associated with electronic circuitry and engineering resources normally required for antenna frequency tuning and optimization over these bands.
The 105262 series of standalone antennas are very easy to use. Simply peel off the poly-flexible adhesive tape on the underside of the antenna and stick it on any desired location within the device casing. Next, mount the *UFL-type coaxial connector at the end of the micro-coaxial cable to the device radio and the antenna is ready to use. For added convenience and design flexibility, the micro-coaxial cables come in lengths of 100, 150 and 200mm.
ISM 868/915 Standalone Antenna
Features and benefits:
- Built on proprietary MobliquA™ technology, it enables significant antenna volume reduction of up to 75% compared with conventional designs
- Dual-band antenna operating at 868 and 915MHz ISM bands eliminates the need for regional antenna variants for greater logistics and cost reductions
- Balanced design minimizing ground-plane effects significantly cuts costs and engineering resources needed for additional circuitry, frequency tuning and electronic component integration
- Minimum total radiation efficiency of 50% and 67% (respectively) for the 868 and 915 MHz bands improves communication range and coverage
- Poly-flexible, double-sided adhesive tape for easy peel-and-stick mounting anywhere within the device casing
- Choice of several miniature coax cable length options (100, 150 and 200mm) enables flexible antenna placement within the device housing
ISM Standalone Antenna with MobliguA (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.