Micro-SIM Card Sockets
Push-pull style micro-SIM card sockets from Molex combine best-in-class features, including the lowest (1.18mm) profile height with unique card-detect-and-activation mechanism. Other push-pull socket variants include a miniature footprint with high, normal force delivering robust terminal-to-card connectivity and high electrical reliability, proprietary socket-damage-prevention designs, anti-short capabilities, detect switch and wide finger areas for easy card insertion and removal.
Designed for tight- spaced, top-loading style applications as well as mid-board layouts that preclude the use of front- or side-entry style sockets, hinged style sockets are highly compact and allow partial tilt or full opening of lid to allow for unobstructed placement or removal of SIM cards.
A range of push-push sockets are available for applications requiring card ejection from the side of a portable mobile device. Molex offers two styles, both with superior contact force: a 1.42mm six-circuit and a 1.60mm eight-circuit solution.
Features and benefits:
- Compact card sockets with small footprint and low-profile height
- Optimum PCB real estate and vertical space savings
- Terminal-beam design with gradual lead-in
- Prevents contact stubbing while providing electrical reliability and smooth card insertion/withdrawal
- Anti-shorting feature
- Eliminates any risk of shorting between metal shield and contact pads on micro-SIM cards
- Card polarization features
- Prevent micro-SIM card from being inserted wrongly
- Multiple soldering points
- Provides robust PCB hold-down for both 6- and 8-circuit sockets
Micro-SIM card sockets (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.