Lite-Trap™ SMT Wire-to-Board Connectors
Lite-Trap™ SMT Wire-to-Board Connectors from Molex are ideal for thin LED lighting-module applications and offer a low profile, easy wire removal, and low wire insertion and high wire retention forces.
The termination method of Molex’s Lite-Trap connector system is similar to Molex’s Wire Trap connectors, and also to certain competitive “Poke-In” type connectors. A stripped wire is inserted into the connector and pushes open a gate-style terminal that “traps” the wire. To unmate, a button-style lever on the housing top is pushed down to allow the wire to be disengaged.
With a profile height of 4.20 mm, Molex’s Lite-Trap connectors offer the lowest profile available of similar wire-removable types. Other lower-profile versions are available in the market, but these are permanent one-time connection types that do not allow wire removal.
Molex’s wire-removable Lite-Trap connector offers lower wire insertion force than similar types. It also offers a user-friendly latch that is easy for operators to engage and disengage, even without the use of a tool. These features combine to offer easy field assembly and removal if needed for trained or untrained operators.
Other features of the Lite-Trap connector include a housing design that accepts more insulation-length range than competitive designs. This provides more stable wire seating for electrical contact assurance. The dual-contact wire-trap clamp design provides further mating assurance.
Lite-Trapô SMT Wire-to-Board Connectors, Push-Button Type, One Circuit
Lite-Trapô SMT Wire-to-Board Connectors, Push-Button Type, Two Circuits
Features and Benefits Include:
- Low profile (4.20mm) - Meets needs of thin LED modules and other compact applications
- Uer-friendly push-button latch - Ensures easy wire extraction
- Dual-contact gate-style terminal design - Enables secure electrical contact and high wire-retention force
- Long wire insulation design - Provides stable wire placement for additional contact assurance
- Compact industry-standard PCB pattern layout - Saves space and is drop-in compatible with certain competitive products
- Wire stopper feature - Facilitates correct wire insertion depth placement
Markets and Applications
- Lighting - down light, strip light
- Factory automation equipment
- Consumer electronics
- Any applications requiring an easy-to-use wire insertion/extraction method
Lite-Trap™ SMT Wire-to-Board Connectors (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.