Mini50™ Unsealed Connection System
Molex introduces the Mini50™ Unsealed Connection System which delivers 50% space savings over traditional USCAR 0.64mm connectors with smaller terminals to fit more signals into vehicle interiors. This connection system is approved as the industry's only USCAR 050 interface.
The Mini50™ Unsealed Connection System offers customers reduced package sizes compared to conventional 0.64mm connection systems, with applied cost savings and enhanced reliability. The unsealed wire-to-board receptacles allow device manufacturers to package circuits in tighter spaces by utilizing smaller pin, terminal, and wire sizes while reducing costs.
The Mini50™ comes has three polarization options that enables limited customization and enforces like-to-like mating. A connector position assurance (CPA) latch is also available to prevent accidental un-mating.
Features & Benefits:
- Addition of 2 circuit-size SMT headers and receptacles deliver the only tow-circuit connector with a 0.50mm terminal interface in the industry.
- Designed and tested to USCAR 050 specifications and approved as the industry's only USCAR 050 approved interface from 4 to 24 circuits.
- 50% smaller than USCAR 0.64mm unsealed interfaces minimizes PCB footprint for design flexibility and space savings.
- Independent secondary lock (ISL) terminal-retention feature secures terminal inside the housing.
- Orientation features molded into the header provides wire-routing and module-design flexibility for both vertical and right-angle connectors.
- Board alignment and retention features simplify header placement on the PCB and retains the header to the PCB during soldering operation.
- High-temperature thermoplastic housings withstand infrared (IR) and wave lead-free solder processing.
- Three polarization options enables limited customization and enforces like-to-like mating via three discrete mechanical, visual, and colored polarizations.
- CTX50 terminal wire grip design offers harness manufacturers the ability to reduce wire gauge sizes while maintaining retention strength.
- Connector position assurance (CPA) latch available.
- Automotive & Commercial Vehicles
- Power Steering
MINI50 RAHDR SMT 2CKT BLK POL A T&R
CTX50 RCPT TERM SN M-GRIP D WIND
Mini50™ Unsealed Connection System (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.