PoE Plus, Single Port Integrated Controller PDJack™
Molex's PDJack™ with integrated power device controller circuitry plus Ethernet connectivity simplifies PoE Plus implementation for any network device, reducing time-to-market, lowering costs and achieving considerable PCB space savings.
Based on the RJ45 connector, the magnetic PDJack™ is the first integrated power device (PD) jack in the market to combine a PoE+PD controller and bridge rectifiers with gigabit magnetics in one connector and provide a complete drop-in, single-port solution.
Situated on the customer printed circuit board (PCB), the PDJack supplies 54 volt power of up to 25.5 watts. Two pins output power, and standard signal pins provide Ethernet connectivity. Additional pins allow power-up of external DC to DC converter. The PDJack manages all the communications with the switch/router PoE controllers: negotiating power requirements and managing safe power-up and power down of PD devices such as IP phones, IP cameras, wireless access points, control panels, vision systems and point of sale (POS) units.
PoE Plus, single port integrated controller PDJack
- PoE integrated circuit included
- Bridge rectifiers to accommodate all Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) types
- Detection and classification circuitry fully IEEE802.3at-compliant
- Robust ESD and EMI (electro-magnetic interference) design
- Efficient thermal design
- Gigabit Ethernet magnetics with common-mode choke
- Connectors are available in class 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Through-hole pins suitable for wave-soldering
- IP phones/telephony
- IP cameras
- Wireless access points
- Broadband/microwave antenna
- Point of sale (POS) devices
- Home automation interface panels
- Control panels
- (climate control, door access)
- Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Vision systems
Magnetic Jacks - PoE Plus Integrated PDJack™ (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.