Slim Type FFC/FPC connectors, 0.50mm pitch
Molex's Slim Type FFC/FPC connectors offer the lowest profile and narrowest width of any similar version in the market for applications, such as thin LED TVs.
Molex's 0.50mm pitch Slim Type FFC/FPC connectors were developed for the industry's latest and thinnest LED TVs. The recent trend for LED TVs has been toward making the screen thinner while at the same time increasing functionality for more brilliant images.
Molex calls this new line of connectors "Slim Type" because they are thin in height and width. With height of 1.50mm and width of 4.40mm, this new series is the smallest of its kind today in the industry.
The series includes a robust actuator design that helps prevent damage caused by extensive testing, cycling or rough handling. This new zero insertion force (ZIF) series also includes a more durable type of contact material to provide added signal reliability. The high-temperature housing meets RoHS and low-halogen environmental requirements. The series is available in four different circuit sizes ranging from 56 to 96, with the 56-circuit version footprint compatible with certain competitive versions.
0.50mm Pitch FFC/FPC Connector, Slim Type, SMT, Right Angle, ZIF, Bottom Contact Style, Front Flip, 1.50mm Mated Height, Gold (au) Plating, 56 Circuits
Features and benefits include:
- Slim height and width for optimal space savings
- 56-96 circuit size range, meeting various pin-count needs of latest LED TVs
- Gold-plated terminals for reliable and durable signal contact
- Low-halogen compliant, meeting global environmental standards
- High-temperature housing and actuator
- Robust actuator design that protects against damage during testing and usage
Markets and applications include:
- Flat Panel Displays
- LED/3D TV panel source board
- OLED TV panel source board and time-control boards
- PDP display panels
0.50mm pitch Slim Type FFC/FPC connectors(.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.