VITA 66.1 Ruggedized Optical MT
Backplane Interconnect System
Achieve installation and maintenance simplicity for rugged embedded VPX MIL/AERO backplane applications with the VITA 66.1 Optical MT Backplane Connector System
The VITA 66.1 Ruggedized Optical MT Backplane Interconnect System is designed to meet the ANSI- ratified VITA 66.1 specification for VPX architecture. VPX (previously known as VITA 46 - an ANSI standard), provides component-and system-design recommendations to ensure compliance in military defense and other applications.
VITA 66 defines the optical requirements for VPX architecture. Molex's VITA 66.1 Ruggedized Optical MT Backplane Interconnect System, available with two industry standard MT termini styles, is designed for blind-mate backplane applications that require optically robust interfaces with simple accessibility (no need for hand tools) to streamline MT assembly installation or regular maintenance. Available with 8, 12, or 24 fibers in standard single-mode or multi-mode and VersaBeam (expanded beam) MT ferrule options for design flexibility, the VITA 66.1 interconnect features a robust aluminum housing to withstand extreme temperature ranges (-50 to +105 °C), as well as shock and vibration environments. The anodized aluminum-based housings provide a rugged solution for use in the designated VPX card space as determined by the standard, or can be used as a stand-alone solution outside of the VPX architecture.
Features and Benefits:
- Fully compliant with the ANSI-ratified VITA 66.1 specification - Ensures complete design and function compatibility with specification
- Patent-pending MT ferrule-carrier design enables field servicing without hand tools - Provides access for installation and maintenance with no service tools required. Reduces installation and maintenance time plus associated costsIdeal for rugged military and non-automotive commercial applications. Withstands extreme temperature ranges
- Robust housing with heavy-duty anodized aluminum construction and VITA 66.1 compliant footprint - Ideal for rugged military and non-automotive commercial applications. Withstands extreme temperature ranges
- Supports up to two (2) floating MT ferrules (termini) - Aids in proper mating in blind-mate applications
- MT termini available in 8, 12 or 24 fibers in standard multimode and singlemode or VersaBeam™ (expanded beam) MT) - Provides design flexibility with multimode and singlemode compatibility
- Planned intermatibility with competitors' products (TBD) - Anticipated second source option
- Aerospace and Defense - Command center communications, Commercial, Defense, Sensing equipment
- Commercial Vehicle - Mining machinery, Railways
- Industrial - Oil and gas exploration sensors
VITA 66.1 Ruggedized Optical MT Backplane Interconnect System (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.