Molex VersaBlade™ Wire-to-Wire Connector System
Molex VersaBlade™ Industry standard .070" tab type wire-to-wire system offers superior mating reliability, easy assembly and cost savings for White Goods/HVAC applications.
In harness configurations where each separate connection increases the risk of mismating or signal failure, the new VersaBlade connector system from Molex offers superior mating reliability, easy assembly and increased cost savings compared to commonly used round-pin designs.
VersaBlade is based on three components: 1.78mm wide flat blade tab terminals; multi-configured modular housings; and terminal position assurance inserts. The system provides modularity and design flexibility for a variety of appliance/HVAC applications such as refrigerators, washing machines, heating units and ventilators.
VersaBlade accepts AWG 14-22 wire and can carry four to 15 amps and 300 volts, depending upon design characteristics. This provides users with both signal and power carrying capabilities
Features and benefits include:
- Wide 1.80mm (0.70") male tab contact that allows high current carrying capabilities
- Dual row system, which allows good heat dissipation/low engagement force
- Positive lock for secure mating retention
- Spring style mounting ears that prevent breakage
- TPA secondary lock for reliable terminal seating
- Hybrid types that accept both male and female terminals