2.4/5 SMT Molded Interconnect Device Chip Antennas
Molex introduces the 2.4/5 and 2.4GHz SMT Molded Interconnect Device (MID) Chip Antennas. Requiring no ground-place clearance, these WI-FI* ready MID chip antennas enable wireless device makers to achieve higher levels of product integration with fewer components and lower costs.
The Molex MID Chip Antennas are best for industrial, consumer and telecommunication applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Grounding pad provides electrical grounding of antenna onto the application PCB.
- Fixing pads firmly anchor the antenna housing onto SMT pad of PCB.
- Feeling pad connects to the radio transceiver using a 50ohm transmission line on the PCB. Electrical signals from the transmission line are fed through this pad on the PCB.
- Footprint for Soldering on PCB.
- Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) formed circuitry yields high, consistent RF performance leveraging the excellent laser structuring precision, speed, accuracy and repeatability of LDS technology.
- Gold (Au) over Nickel (Ni) radiator traces act as transducers that convert unguided electromagnetic waves to guided electromagnetic waves and vice versa.
- Halogen-Free molded interconnect device (MID) housing is an environmentally sustainable housing material that withstands high reflow temperatures during the assembly process.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Pick and Place feature speeds up automated placement of the antenna during assembly.
- Wi-Fi* and Bluetooth devices
- Wireless LANs (WLAN)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n devices
- Headsets, Tablet PCs
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications
- Smart meters
- Lighting controls
- ZigBee IEEE 802.15.4 devices
- Small Office Home Office (SOHO) networks
- Smartphones and wearable devices
|146175-0001 - 2.4/5G Dual band SMD antenna
2.4/5 SMT Molded Interconnect Device Chip Antennas (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.