Ultra-Small 1.28mm microSD* Memory Card Connector
Molex Incorporated, one of the world's leading electronic connector companies, has released a 1.28mm height microSD* memory card connector. The ultra-small connector joins the Molex line designed for microSD applications. Molex microSD connectors reduce memory card fly-out and sticking problems in digital cameras, tablet PCs, mobile phones, and other compact consumer electronic devices.
"As personal consumer electronics trend smaller and smaller, memory card connectors are literally shrinking to keep pace," comments Goji Tanabe, regional product manager, Molex. "Designed for the world's smallest memory card storage systems, the Molex microSD line offers superior design flexibility, while eliminating problems commonly associated with spring-style memory card ejection systems."
This new 1.28mm height microSD card connector is surface mountable and offered in push-push style. It includes a detect terminal for card detection, and brake features for smooth, controlled card ejection. The connector is rated at 0.5A and 10V and includes metal shielding for ESD protection. An inner-lead terminal design provides secure contact reliability and prevents terminal stubbing during card insertion.
Molex offers a full range of microSD card connectors in push-push, hinge and push-pull styles in various profile heights.
Features and Benefits:
- Ultra small size - Space savings for mobile applications
- Hinge and push-push types - Design flexibility
- Metal shielding with shell tabs - ESD protection and grounding support
- Gold-plated beveled contacts - Secure electrical contact
- Wide open area on shells - Accommodates pick-and-place
- Solder tails on inside of design - Space savings
- Detect Switch - Recognizes card insertion
- Brake feature - Helps slow card ejection