Omron's New XF3E: 0.3mm Pitch FPC Connector
Demand for high pin-count FPC connectors has been growing due to the recent large increases in the amount of data transmitted within digital devices. In particular, the incorporation of an increasing variety of functions into touch panel-equipped mobile devices will necessitate increases in signal lines. Additionally, the low profile configuration saves space for the ever-smaller and slimmer devices.
The XF3E FPC connector manages to accommodate 90 pins despite its small size, with a pitch of 0.3 mm, a height of 1.1 mm, and a depth of 4.3mm (when the slider is locked).
- A lower-profile, smaller footprint design has been achieved while incorporating a backlock mechanism.
- The double-sided (upper and lower) contact point structure accepts any FPC insertion direction for increased freedom in device design.
- The connector is environmentally friendly as it can be used with halogen-free components.
Key Features and Benefits:
- 0.3mm pitch, height of 1.1mm, with depth of 4.3mm at slider locked condition
- PCB Foot pattern same as XF3B
- Rotary rear-lock mechanism and Dual Contact structure
- High reliability with Rotary rear-lock and easy operational functions with Long-type slider
- Housing made from environmentally friendly halogen-free materials
- Applicable FPC Thickness t=0.2 ±0.03mm
- RoHS Compliant
- Wide range of digital devices, including: mobile phones and smart phones, computer peripheral, optical disk drive ad LCD projectors
XF3E FPC Connector (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.