Omron Rotary Backlock Connector 0.5mm or 1.0mm Pitch,
Dual Contact (XF3M Series)
Omron's new FPC/FFC connector features a rotary backlock mechanism in which a rotary slider for securing the FPC/FFC cable is mounted independently from the FPC/FFC socket. This results in improved cable connection efficiency and more reliable lock action. The connector has a height of 2.0 mm and a depth of 6.4 mm (when locked).
FPC/FFC cables are increasingly used to connect LCD panels to printed circuit boards or to connect two printed circuit boards in a wide range of products and equipment, such as industrial equipment, home appliances, printers, LCD TV sets, and mobile devices. This has led to increased demand for connectors applicable for these cables.
With conventional rotary lock connectors, the rotary slider is positioned at the FPC/FFC socket. The drawback of this is that lifting an FPC/FFC or applying excessive force may cause the rotary latch to disengage. The new OMRON XF3M solves this drawback by employing a rotary backlock mechanism in which the rotary latch is located on the opposite side of the socket. This mechanism also enables the socket to be constructed with a four-sided housing that securely holds the FPC/FFC cable for enhanced mounting reliability. A sharp "click" on engagement makes it easy to confirm that the latch is completely locked. These features add up to improved work efficiency for cable mounting.
|XF3M Rotary Backlock FPC/FFC Connector
- Models available with 0.5mm or 1.0mm pitch
- Dual contact design reduces the number of parts in the Bill of Materials
- Applicable FPC/FFC thickness of 0.3mm
- Rotary back lock mechanism
- Ni-barrier for high resistance to solder creep (gold plated)
- Halogen Free: OMRON uses the following standard to determine halogen free construction: 900 ppm max. for Br, 900 ppm max. for Cl, and 1,500 ppm max. for Br+Cl
- RoHS Compliant
- Locking Mechanism : Rotary Backlock
- On Board profile : 2.0mm
- Depth : 6.4mm
XF3M Datasheet (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.