Standex Electronics offers the most comprehensive listing of magnetic reed switches that cover the majority of low power switching requirements. Standex is the world’s largest producer of reed switches and come in low to high voltages for every application. Reed switches have unique switching capabilities making them an ideal choice.
Standex offers a magnetic reed switch where the overall glass length is only 3.95mm long, which is the smallest in the industry. The small size allows for new uses in applications like RF switching and medical applications. Hermetically sealed reed switches, which are glass-to-metal, enclose two ferromagnetic reeds in a glass envelope and protect them for the outside environment. This design allows the reed switches to operate in the harshest conditions.
Standex Electronics rigorously tests each reed switch to ensure the quality of our manufacturing processes and resulting products.
Features & Benefits:
- Simple structure
- No wearing parts
- Reliable switching for billions of operations
- Ability to switch up to 10,000 Volts
- Ability to switch or carry as low as 10 nano- Volts without signal loss
- Ability to withstand shocks up to 200 Gs
- Contact resistance (on resistance) typical 50-100 milliOhms (mΩ)
- Ability to switch or carry as low as 1 femto- Amp without signal loss
- Ability to withstand vibration environments of 50 Hz to 2000 Hz at up to 30 Gs
- Extensive parametric testing
- Hermetically sealed to perform in extreme and harsh environments
- Draws no power in the normally open state
- Ability to switch currents up to 5 Amps
- Ability to switch or carry up to 7 GigaHz with minimal signal loss
- Isolation across the contacts up to 1 x 1015 Ω
- Optional latching feature
- Can operate within 100 µs
- Standex Electronics offers pull-in and drop-out measurement in milliTesla
- Ability to operate over extreme temperature ranges
- Test and Measurement
- Solar Energy
Reed Switches (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.