SumiMark® IV - Thermal Transfer Marking System
The SumiMark IV Printing System is a feature-rich, high performance thermal transfer marking system designed to print on a wide variety of continuous spools of SumiMark tubing materials. Its new design provides excellent print quality, reliability and optimum ease of use. The SumiMark IV Printing System produces a dry, permanent mark which can be handled as soon as it is printed. After recovery, printed SumiMark sleeves meet the exacting Mil-spec mark permanence requirements for abrasion and solvent resistence. The combination of the SumiMark IV printer, SumiMark tubing, and SumiMark ribbon provides a high quality marker printing system.
Mechanical Design Features:
- 300 dpi print head produces superior quality printing on material diameters ranging from 1/16” to 2”.
- Easy loading guide design allows for fast material changes.
- Compact, industrial-strength frame conserves space and provides years of reliable service.
- USB 2.0, Ethernet, parallel and serial communication interfaces.
- Fully integrated in-line cutter for full or partial cutting.
- SumiMark 6.0 software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows7 operating systems.
- The intuitive 3 step marker creation to printing process allows operators to easily create and print markers in less than 2 minutes.
- Allows for creation of text, graphics, logos, barcodes and sequential alpha/numeric markers.
- Auto and Variable Length features provide added flexibility and less material waste.
- Import Excel, ASCII or tab-delimited files for automatic conversion to wire lists.
- Folder management system allows for dedicated wire lists for various job types and customers.
- Ability to print markers at varying lengths ranging from 0.25” to 4” dramatically reducing waste.
- General wiring harness assembly
- Custom cables requiring graphics
The SumiMark IV Marking System utilizes SumiMark tubing, available in a wide variety of colors and sizes ranging from 1/16” to 2”. SumiMark tubing meets military and commercial specifications AMS-DTL-23053 and UL 224/CSA. Marked sleeves meet the print adherence requirements of SAE-AS5942.
SumiMark ribbons are available in 2” and 3.25” widths and are especially formulated to provide an instantly dry mark which meets the print adherence requirements of SAE-AS5942, after shrinking.
Sumitomo SumiMarkIV - for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.