ALCOSWITCH Subminiature Switches
TE Connectivity introduces its new ALCOSWITCH Subminiature Series of switches adding to their extensive product portfolio of 4,000 ALCOSWITCH switches that provide a cost savings for switching power in set-top boxes, control panels, light fixtures and industrial machinery. The compact, reliable, high-performance mechanical switches are ideal for space-sensitive applications, and are available in pushbutton, toggle and rocker designs in both surface-mount and thru-hole terminations. The low-profile, IP67-rated switches were designed to help manufacturers reduce space and provide designers with vertical and right angle options.
Designers can reduce their assembly time with the switches’ pick-and-place compatible tape and reel packaging. The wave soldering, capable of up to 260 degrees Celsius at a maximum of five seconds, can generate significantly faster assembly times for manufacturers. The sealed subminiature series of switches are available in a range of ratings from 0.4 VA up to 3A at 125 VAC and provide an operating life of 30,000 make-and-break mechanical cycles.
The RoHS-compliant and lead-free switches operate at temperatures between minus 30 degrees Celsius up to 85 degrees Celsius. The thermoplastic case is UL94 V-0 rated high-temperature-resistant thermoplastic material. Their terminals are copper with gold and silver finishes.
- Provide more real estate on pc board or panel and proven functionality with with small form factor
- Improve assembly time with infrared reflow or wave solder compatible styles
- Reduce maintenance and replacement costs with reliable performance
- Save manufacturing costs with packaging options available in either tape and reel to support pick and place, or loose piece.
- Expand application to outdoor use with IP67 available versions
- Set-top boxes
- Control panel/boxes
- Light fixtures
- Industrial machinery
- Audio-Visual equipment
- Communication equipment
ALCOSWITCH Subminiature Switches(.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.