Glow Wire Capable Connectors
TE Connectivity (TE), one of the world's market leaders in connectivity solutions, offers Glow Wire capable connectors in many different styles and configurations to meet all safety and environmental requirements requested by the home appliance industry.
Several connector housing and header styles and configurations are available in a special Glow Wire compatible material as a solution. TE connectivity can offer wire to wire solutions in panel mount, free hanging and wire-to-board connectors in vertical or right angle options, in different centerlines and current ratings.
TE Connectivity Glow wire connection systems offer additional design configurations including circular, flanged, sealed and colored housings to provide a solution for nearly every application in Household Appliances such as: electric motors, reliable heating and cooling elements and control boards.
TE Connectivity is expanding its solution offer day by day based on specific Customer requirements and needs.
Glow Wire is a test required by IEC/EN 60335-1 5th Edition: Household and Similar Appliances - Safety.
This standard became a mandatory requirement in 2001 for home appliances devices sold in Europe and therefore mostly relevant in this Region, but Asia Pacific and American companies need to comply as well in order to serve appliance manufacturers globally.
Key Features & Benefits
- Glow Wire Ignition Test (GWIT) of at least 775°C
- Requires tests to be conducted on three material plates in order to satisfy the IEC 60335-1 5th Edition norm providing the compliance to the norm
- Glow Wire Flammability Index (GWFI) of at least 850°C and GWT NF tested
- Reduces time and expense associated with end product testing on molded parts
- Possibility to select connector families offered in V2 and / or V0 Glow Wire material capable.
- This will allow to serve with one solution the Global Appliances Market
- Broad product portfolio solution
- The Glow Wire connectors family versatility in design, accessories and variants allows to be used in a wide and variety of appliances applications
- Washers and Dryers
- Air Conditioning
- Fans and hoods
- Water Heaters
- Microwave Ovens
- Small Appliances
- Water heaters, boilers
- Vending machines
Glow Wire Capable Connectors (.pdf) for more product information.