TE Connectivity Mini Hermaphroditic
TE Connectivity introduces the low-profile, SMT miniature, hermaphroditic, board-to-board connectors designed to provide power between adjacent linear LED lighting strip modules. The new miniature wire-to-board connector is ideal for providing power from the driver to the initial board in a string of linear LED lighting strip modules. This hermaphroditic connector's compact design makes it a good fit in tight spaces.
A key benefit is that the system can reduce assembly time with connectors that mate and unmate to themselves horizontally and vertically. It also supports vacuum pick and place and reflow processing with high temp material. The connectors are available in 2-, 4- and 6-position hermaphroditic versions.
The connectors are UL and cUL recognized and EN 60838-1 and 60838-2 certified.
- Enable quick assembly, minimize inventory and lower production costs with connectors that mate and un-mate to themselves horizontally and vertically
- Connect data and control signals with 2, 4 and 6 position hermaphroditic versions
- Allow for narrow spacing on LED printed circuit board applications with 1 Position Blade and Receptacle Connectors
- Ensure security with double sided, thermally conductive tape to immobilize connection on 2 position wire-to-board, lead assembly
- Automate production with flat top surface for vacuum pick up
- Support reflow processing with high temperature material
- Architectural and sign lighting
- Retail and display lighting
- Fluorescent retrofit LED Lighting
- Cabinet or furniture lighting
- Commercial and residential cove lighting
- Access control equipment
- Vending machines
Mini Hermaphroditic Connector System (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.