LUMAWISE LED Holders, Type Z50
The TE Solderless LED Holder, Type Z50, is a circular LED holder that provides a quick and easy solderless connection to the Philips Lumileds LUXEON+ LED chip on board (COB) array family.
TE's Type Z50 holder allows the direct attachment of LUXEON COB LEDs to a heat sink using standard screws enabling designs to be easier to use, and faster to market.
The Type Z50 reduces assembly costs and provides a quality solderless power connection, secure mechanical attachment, proper thermal hold down forces, and a landing zone with attachment features for additional secondary optics.
The LED holder contains two poke-in contacts that each accept stranded, solid or fused wire sizes 22, 20, and 18 AWG and two LED contacts. The LED holder features an LED opening with a clamp feature, two wire entrance holes, and two screw holes that each accept a screw for mounting. The LED opening accepts the LED, and the clamp feature holds it in place. LED polarity indicators that correspond to each wire entrance hole are embossed on the top and bottom of the LED holder to indicate the orientation of the LED. The two optic attachments enable direct attachment of secondary optics.
- Snap-in LED retention feature simplifies installation by securing the LED to the holder before mounting
- Poke-in wire connection eliminates time consuming soldering to the LED
- Enables constant thermal down force to minimize influence by thermal plastic deformation at high temperature
- Makes easy and clean thermal paste application possible with built-in excess paste overflow feature
- Provides a specified and stable landing area for additional secondary optics
- Optional alternate mechanical optic attachment accessory
- Minimalistic aesthetic design with clear polarity indication to aid assembly
- Mechanically strong and robust design with negligible light interference
- Available optics from Carclo and LEDIL
- Down Lights
- Stage lights
- Wall washers
- Architectural lighting
LUMAWISE LED Holders, Type Z50 (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.