Multigig RT 2-R Ruggedized Connectors
TE Connectivity (TE), one of the world's market leaders in connectivity solutions, offers the Multigig RT 2-R, a ruggedized, lightweight, high-speed board-to-board interconnect, compliant to VITA 46, including backward compatibility with all existing VITA 46 daughter cards and, supports OpenVPX architecture. The new connector system features the modularity and flexibility of the field-proven Multigig RT 2 connector products but with a new quad-redundant contact structure designed for extreme vibration levels. Ruggedized guide hardware is also available for use with the Multigig RT 2-R connectors to increase the stability of the daughter card-to-backplane interface under shock and vibration.
The Multigig RT 2-R connectors have been tested to HALT (highly accelerated life test) vibration levels per VITA 72, and the robust "pinless" interface has been tested up to 10,000 mating/unmating cycles. Connector modules are available for 6U and 3U VPX slot profiles, including rear transition modules, and support 0.8 inch card slot pitches.
Supporting high-speed protocols, these new connectors are designed for rugged embedded computing applications for ground defense, missile defense, electronic systems/C4ISR, and commercial and military aerospace applications. Compliance with VITA 46 enables upgrades in existing VPX applications. The connector can be used in conjunction with RF Modules (VITA 67) and optical modules (VITA 66) to customize slot configurations. Featuring a reliable press-fit termination, the Multigig RT 2-R connector requires only flat rock tooling.
- Quad-redundant contact provides additional level of reliability under extreme vibration
- Compliant to VITA 46 for Open VPX applications
- Impedance-matched construction and low noise footprint supports high speed protocols: Serial RapidIO, PCIe, Ethernet, Fiber Channel, InfiniBand
- Modular, lightweight connector system allowing easy to implementation and custom slot configurations
- Robust "pinless" interface resists damage
- Ruggedized guide hardware increases stability of daughtercard to backplane interface
- VITA 46 compliance enables upgrade in existing VPX applications
- Rugged embedded computing applications:
- Ground Defense - Missile Defense
- Electronic Systems/C4ISR - Space
- Commercial and Military Aerospace
Multigig RT 2-R Connectors (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Expanding Options in VPX Connectivity – white paper (.pdf)
MULTIGIG RT 2-R Ruggedized Connectors for VPX Applications (.pdf)