PIDG Terminals & Splices
TE Connectivity's PIDG products are pre-insulated terminals designed for complete and uniform reliability in the most difficult circuit environments. PIDG terminals consist of a tin-plated copper or tin-plated phosphor bronze body for spring spades with a copper sleeve and insulation sleeve fitted over terminal barrel.
Design of the crimping dies and construction of the terminal allows for uniform insulation thickness under crimping pressure, transmitting this pressure evenly to the center of the crimp area. This produces a crimp for a given wire and terminal that are alike in appearance and performance. The tensile strength approaches that of the wire itself.
PIDG products are available as rings, spades, flanged spaded, slotted rings, splices and several other varieties. Wire ranges for the terminals and splices are 26 AWG through 10 AWG and stud sizes from #2 through ¾".
- Nylon insulation is resistant to hydrocarbons (greases, oils, etc.) and has high dielectric strength
- Copper sleeve between insulation and terminal body provides excellent wire support after crimping
- Funneled wire entry on terminal prevents turned back wire strands and permits rapid wire insertion during high speed production
- Product is rated for use up to 105 degrees C and 300 Volts
- Serrations in the crimp barrel provide maximum contact and tensile strength after crimping
- Terminals meet or exceed the requirements of AS7928, Type II, Class 1 and 2
- Most product is UL and CSA approved
- Insulation is UL 94V-2 rated
- Electrical/Electronic Components
- Heavy Equipment
- Power Supplies
- Panel Boxes
TE Connectivity PIDG Terminals & Splices (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.