TE Connectivity Low-Force Side-Protected Scalable Spring Finger Extensions
Spring fingers (also known as shield fingers, grounding springs, universal ground contacts, or clips) can be used in all types of small printed circuit board applications across all industries. A spring finger is a single contact, surface mountable internal connector with multiple functions on a PCB. It can be used for antenna feeds, low voltage electrical connections or for grounding to prevent EMI noise and static caused by a speaker, motor, microphone or any other vibration within an application.
TE introduces new extensions to the spring finger product line featuring scalability and low force. The scalable spring finger family provides electrical connections and grounding from EMI noise and static between PCB‘s and other electronic components. This new extension broadens the portfolio supporting multiple sizes across a wider range of heights from 1 mm to 4 mm.
- Allow receptacle to be centered on a shrouded tab with low profile design
- Reduce mating force and enhance safety and reliability of mated pair with positive lock design
- Provide high retention with positive lock feature and insertion force 4lbs-6lbs
- Improve ease of assembly with low profile ergonomic housing design and reduced insertion force
- Provide a smaller size of stock with thinner design
- Home Electrionic Devices
- Digital Cameras and Camcorders
- Business and Office Equipment
- POS Scanners
- Industrial Machinery Equipment
- Industrial Scanners
- Handheld Devices
- Control Systems
Scalable Spring Finger Extensions (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.