Side-Entry Tinel-Lock Ring
TE Connectivity (TE), one of the world's market leaders in connectivity solutions, offers the side-entry Tinel-Lock ring. The ring is a heat-recoverable metal braid terminator, which provides a method of joining a gross cable or harness shield to a customer-built connector backshell or other termination device without prepositioning the ring on the harness. The uniform recovery force generated by this shape-memory ring gives the termination excellent mechanical and electrical properties, resulting in superior performance.
The side-entry Tinel-Lock ring was designed for military and commercial aerospace, military ground systems, military, marine and commercial ships, as well as offshore marine applications. The ring can be used for harness-over-braid termination and cable screen termination to the Tinel-Lock adapter and can be easily removed.
The low DC connection provides excellent 360-degree shielding termination, operating between minus 65 degrees Celsius and 200 degrees Celsius. The rings can be installed in seconds using either a resistance heater or a simple heat gun. Thermochromic paint applied to the ring changes color to indicate when the ring has been heated to full recovery. Made with nickel-titanium, the ring’s pull-off force for sizes 04-08 is 100 pounds nom., while size 10 and above is 150 pounds nom.
- Low-profile, buckle-free termination
- One-piece construction with interlocking ends
- Superior Performance - uniform recovery force generated by the shape-memory ring gives the termination excellent mechanical and electrical properties
- Environmental operating range - The ring can withstand temperatures up to 200°C
- Ease of installation - Rings can be installed in seconds using either a resistance heater or a simple heat gun
- Military and commercial aerospace
- Military ground systems
- Marine and commercial ships
- Offshore marine applications
Side-Entry Tinel-Lock Rings (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.