TE Connectivity Cold-Applied Splice Offers One Step Termination and Environmental Protection
A new cold-applied splice from TE Connectivity (TE) provides both wire termination and environmental sealing in a single step. Sealing is provided without the need for adhesives, tapes, grommets or other methods traditionally used in aerospace and defense applications. Because no heat is needed, the splice can be applied in potentially hazardous places, such as in fueled aircraft.
The one-piece construction not only simplifies use, it allows a compact space-saving profile. The immersible splice prevents water from entering even under permanent pressure or weight.
The splice uses a non-flowing gel to provide excellent sealing without mess. The metal splice is tin-plated copper with a transparent polyvinylidene fluoride sleeve and colorcoded thermoplastic end caps.
The splices are available in three color-coded sizes for 26 AWG to 12 AWG wire with silver or copper-plate conductors. They are rated for operation from -65°C to +150°C. They meet the requirements of SAE-AMS-DTL-23053/8 for insulation sleeve and the current draft of SAE-AS81824/12 (modified for 150°C) crimp splices.
- One-step termination and environmental protection
- No heating required for installation — safe for use
on fueled aircraft
- Reliable in a wide variety of environmental conditions
- Achieve environmental
maintaining: Small profile and Electrical performance
- Easy installation and application flexibility
- Prevents water ingress
- Sealed crimp splice
- Transparent insulation sleeve and new high performance flame retarded clear gel
- AD-1381 or approved M22520/44-01 crimp tool must be used for proper installation of these devices
- Ideal for aerospace and defense application where performance and realiability is essential
- Protects and seals on all conventional MIL spec and commercial wire insulation systems
Cold Applied Splices (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Cold Applied Splices presentation (,pdf)