TE Connectivity High Speed Multi I/O Connector
Mobile devices are driving innovation in the consumer market. Increasingly complex thinner devices with external display connections, larger screens, rapid charging and faster data rates are typical features of today’s leading edge mobile devices. This step functional change in requirements demands parallel innovation in connector solution design. In response, TE Connectivity (TE) has developed a high speed multi I/O connector solution to address and support a number of these key requirements.
Combining all future connectivity needs in a single Micro USB 2.0 form factor, TE's High Speed Multi I/O product provides several industry-defined, value-added features, including rapid charging (according to electrical requirements of Micro USB Power Delivery at 3A), verification of performance at higher speeds up to 10Gbps, external display connectivity including Mobility DisplayPort™ (MyDP) and Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL®) capability, and backwards compatibility to Micro USB 2.0.
As an innovation leader in the pluggable I/O space, TE offers cutting-edge solutions to meet industry demands for faster, denser and more flexible connectors. TE provides I/O solutions to support the rapidly changing market needs affecting consumer devices.
- Provides high-speed data (up to 10 Gbps) and power through a singular connector.
- USB Power Delivery charges at a 3A max, at one-third the original charging time versus standard USB 2.0.
- MHL or MyDP video signals can be delivered through the same connector featuring a dedicated signal pair and a control contact for this purpose, so there is no need for multiplexing.
- USB 2.0 backwards compatibility allows users to run data and power charging through their Micro USB 2.0 connectors that are readily available on the market.
- Reinforcement plate ensures long-term product durability.
- Four DIP (dual in-line pin) legs enhance soldering strength for optimal resiliency.
- Scalable design allows for multiple connector iterations within one product family.
- Large pick-and-place area reduces applied costs.
- Mobile phones
- GPS devices
- Digital still cameras
- Media players
- Wearable devices
High Speed Multi I/O Connector (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Find other I/O Products