TE Connectivity Industrial USB Connectors
TE Connectivity extends its series of industrial USB connectors (IP65/IP67 ODVA) with the introduction of a new series of industrial USB connectors (IP20) that feature an integrated locking mechanism with audible and tactile feedback. The connectors are ideal for all industrial USB applications where a high locking force is required. The devices are designed to interconnect microcontrollers with mechatronic links and I/O interfaces in industrial automation technology, mechanical engineering (e.g. connecting panels) and plant engineering. Typical applications include industrial PC solutions, control and automation, inverters and robotic applications, as well as fieldbus systems.
The industrial USB connector series is based on the USB (type A) connector system and meets USB2.0 transmission specifications. The devices can be used in multiple rows (they are equal in height), have four solder connections and are compatible with standard USB sockets (type A). To ensure proper locking, the mating sockets from TE Connectivity are available in a single and double row design. The sockets must protrude from the housing in order to provide secure interlocking. The devices are also PCB-mount compatible. To enable design flexibility, the USB connectors are available in several types of socket and connector mountings (reflow soldering, surface mount, surface mount with board locks).
Technical specifications of the industrial USB connectors series include: rated voltage of 30V AC, rated current of 1A per contact, minimum insulation resistance of 1000 MÏ‰, contact lifespan of at least 1500 cycles, pull-out force (cable) of 35N maximum and pull-out force (latching element) of 40N (1 minute). The connectors and sockets are designed for automatic pick and place assembly.
- USB 2.0 standard, USB type A & B connection system
- Rugged IP20 solution
- Integrated locking mechanism provides excellent click feeling and strong lock strength
- Secondary locking with metal spring accomplishes higher locking strength
- Guaranteed locking function with TE Connectivity receptacles
- Intermateable with existing USB Type A receptacles
- Factory Automation Industry
- Industrial Printers & Diagnostic Equipment
- Industrial PC Solutions, PLCs
- Industrial Data Network Systems
- Industrial Control Cabinets & Units
- Motion & Control, Inverters & Robotics
Industrial USB Connectors (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.