TE Connectivity Medical Heat-Shrink Tubing Solutions
TE Connectivity has over 50 years of proven expertise in the material formulation, extrusion, irradiation, and expansion of high-performance heat-shrink tubing. From our core strengths in materials science, design engineering, and in-house compounding, our Raychem technology has emerged as an essential element in the design and manufacture of USP Class VI certified medical heat-shrink tubing. Continuous improvement and unrivaled process technology complement our vast capabilities, which include application-specific custom formulations (color concentrates, radiopaque additives, conductive polymeric materials, reactive compounding, and adhesives) and polymer crosslinking.
Highlights of Medical Tubing:
- Thin-wall polyolefins
- High temperature, flexible and semi-rigid fluoropolymers
- Dual-wall constructions
- Nylons and polyether block amides (PEBA)
- Controlled longitudinal shrinkage
- Clear and color constructions
- Radiopaque formulations
Features & Benefits
- 2:1 or 3:1 shrink ratios, custom sizes available
- Flexible; forms to irregular shapes
- Good clarity for laser-welding
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Removes easily after application, good axial tear propagation
- Fabricated from materials which meet the requirements of US Pharmacopeia VI Plastics. Color shall be clear only
- ASTM D 2617
- OEM’s performing hot jaw bonding
- Medical device industry, specifically the catheter manufacturing industry
- Angioplasty devices
- Abrasion protection for laparoscopic instruments an in-vivo diagnostic probes (MT1000, MT3000, MT-PBX)
- Protection & insulation of electrosurgical and laparoscopic instruments (MT2000,MT5000, MT5500, T6000, MT-FEP)
- Protection & insulation of highly flexible joint (MT5500)
- Protection of delicate high value devices (MT-PBX, MT2000)
- Catheter shafts (MT2000, MT-PBX)
- Process Aid/Fusing Sleeves (MT-FEP,MT2000)
- Bonding of dissimilar materials (MT-FEP, MT-PBX, MT-LWA)
- Strain relief (MT1000, MT3000, MT5000, MT5500, MT-PBX)
- Identification and color coding of electrosurgical devices (MT5000)
- Suture assemblies (MicroFit)
- Process Aid for Laser Welding (MR-LWA)
Medical Grade Heat Shrink Tubing Application Guide:
Select Medical Tubing by Application – guide of the most common applications for medical tubing.
Dual Wall Pebax® Spec Sheet (.pdf) – for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Single Wall Pebax® Spec Sheet (.pdf) – for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
FEP(Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene) Tubing Spec Sheet (.pdf) – for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
LWA(Laser Welding Application) Spec Sheet (.pdf) – for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.
Raychem, Altera, TE (logo) and TE Connectivity are trademarks of the TE Connectivity group of companies and its licensors. Other product names, logos or company names might be trademarks of their respective owners.