Mini Serial Attached SCSI (Mini-SAS HD) High Density Connector and Cable Assemblies Overview
TE's Mini SAS HD receptacle assembly is the next-generation SAS high-density and high-speed IO interface. This interface was adopted for the SAS 2.1 standard and proposed for SAS 3.0 standard, and is designed to support 6G and future 12G SAS applications. The assembly is offered in 4x, 8x, and 16x versions. The reduced size of the Mini SAS HD system provides additional space for system designers. While a low-profile PCIe card can accept four 4x Mini SAS HD connectors, it can only accept two Mini SAS connectors.
The passive Mini SAS HD copper cable assembly is designed for broadband operation optimized for 6 and 12 Gbps. The EEPROM signature enables the host to identify what type and length of cable is connected to its port, and can be customized for any application. An improved latch design reduces the insertion force and increases the retention force. MADISON CABLE brand TurboTwin bulk cable, and the dual 4 pair cable exit backshell provide flexibility for routing.
Mini SAS HD 1x1 Receptacle Assembly
Mini SAS HD 1x4 Receptacle Assembly
Mini SAS HD 1x2 Receptacle Assembly
- SFF-8644 and SAS 2.1 compliant and capable for SAS 3.0
- Broad band design for 6 and 12G bps
- Board receptacle assembly provide 1x1(4x), 1x2(8x) and 1x4(16x) configuration
- Pre-assembled, one piece connector and cage assembly offers one-step placement to the board
- Lightpipe option available
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Improved cable latch design
- Enhanced EMI skirt design
- Scalable 4x and 8x cable plug options
- 26, 28, and 30 AWG bulk cable
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS 2.1)
- Serial data transmission
- HBA (Host Bus Adapter)
- RAID (Redundant Arrays of Inexpensive Disks)
- Rack-mount server
- Storage rack
- High performance computer
TE Mini Serial Attached SCSI (Mini-SAS) Cable Assemblies (.pdf) for more product information, specifications, applications and ordering information.